Most people usually experience Maguro Don in restaurants, but you can always enjoy it at home. The most important ingredient is a fresh tuna sashimi. This is a very simple dish that the tastes of each ingredient directly hit your tongue, so choose the best quality of them.
Ingredients (serve 2-3)
2-3 bowls rice, cooked
200-250g tuna sashimi, cut into bite-sized
3-4 tablespoon sauce, see below how to make sauce
Sesame, dried seaweed (shredded), wasabi, to taste (optional)
3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon mirin
1/2 tablespoon Japanese sake
- Mix mirin and Japanese sake in a heat-resistant container and heat at 600w for 50-60 seconds in microwave.
- Add soy sauce, and stir well.
- Spread the tuna sashimi in a bowl, and add 3-4 tablespoons of sauce. Marinate for about 4-5 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on the rice. Add shredded dried seaweed.
- Place marinated tuna sashimi on the rice, and add another 1 tablespoon of sauce.
- This is optional, but it tastes great with sesame and wasabi.
Photo Source by http://ganref.jp/m/isisi1023/portfolios/photo_detail/195f7b72904ab0c87f0a4670b95198c9